Advanced Fellows Course
This course will introduce attendees to ERCP, EUS, EMR and Endoscopic Surgery through topic-focused didactic and hands-on educational sessions on the safe and effective use of Olympus technology and its role in advanced endoscopy procedures.
Agenda will include:
- Didactic Presentations
- Hands-On Lab
- Overview of Olympus Devices
- List the indications, benefits and complications of EUS, ERCP and Endoscopic Resection.
- Identify types of ultrasound equipment used in gastrointestinal procedures.
- Demonstrate ultrasound image optimization using the Olympus ultrasound equipment.
- Perform FNA/FNB using the EZ Shot 3 Plus.
- Demonstrate ERCP procedural techniques using the Olympus V System.
- Perform steps for Endoscopic Resection.
- ERCP Guidewires
- ECRP Sphinctertomes
- ERCP Balloons
- ERCP Cytology Brushes
- ERCP Baskets
- ERCP Stents
- ESD DualKnife, HookKnife, ITKnife2, DualKnife J, SB Knife, & Triangle Tip Knife
- Distal Attachments
- QuickClip Pro
- EMR Kit
- ALOKA ARIETTA 850 Premium Ultrasound Processor
- EU-ME2 Premier Plus
- EZ Shot 3 Plus
- Hanarostent Esophageal
- Hanarostent Biliary
- SmartBand Multi-band Ligation Kit
This course is open to 3rd and 4th Year GI Fellows
Future dates coming soon
The faculty listed are examples of faculty used at this course in the past. A combination of similar faculty will be used at each course.
Peter Draganov, MD, FASGE, ACAF, FACG
Professor of Medicine
University of Florida
Division of Gastroenterology,
Hepatology and Nutrition
Robert Holbrook Hawes, MD, FASGE, FACG
Professor of Medicine,
University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Florida Hospital Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapy
David R Lichtenstein, MD
Director of Endoscopy Program
Associate Professor of Medicine,
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston MA
Christopher C. Thompson, MD, MHES
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endoscopy
Director of Therapeutic Endoscopy
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School